Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans/Pepero Day

I just have to put in a little post about this day.

#1 It is Veterans Day and I'm grateful for the sacrifices of so many for the freedom we enjoy today. Both my father and my father-in-law are veterans and I feel especially grateful for them. (sadly I don't have any digital pictures of my father-veterans, I'll have to work on finding some to scan for next year!) Last year's veterans day post

#2 It is Pepero Day. In Korea they celebrate 11/11 by giving and eating "pepero" which are pretzels sticks dipped in chocolate. I had fun sending a package to my grandchildren and children with pepero to celebrate the day. Thankfully I have pictures from their blogs:




Buchanans


Hammers


Coxes

2 comments:

Richard B said...

Thank you for the Pepero's Janet. I'll mark my calendar for future Pepero Days. A great idea to remember Korea and 11/11. I'm sure the grandkids enjoyed the treat.

Gram said...

We enjoyed the Pepero, but also the visit was just as important. Thank you very much!