Friday, January 29, 2010

January Cleaning continued



This week I've been doing the deep cleaning downstairs. It has made me like my home more and realize that the basement rooms are just as nice as upstairs, we just don't go down there as much.

I started in the Americana Room.


Moved on to the downstairs family room




Next, the guest rooms:

Nanna/Gram


I finally got a picture of Sophie in the blue and white dress framed.


In the Teddy Bear room I had my work cut out for me. I keep costumes in the cedar chest at the foot of the bed. The grandboys enjoyed playing with them over the holidays and they all got stuffed back in the cedar chest. I few years ago my sister sent me all her little kid costumes for my grandkids. She put each costume in a giant ziplock bag and labeled it. So I copied her good example and organized all the costumes into ziplock bags. It may not be as much for the the grandkids to play in, but I feel better about having the costumes organized!




And the hall and toy closet:






I finished Michael's room today. All that's left is the storage room, which is pretty scary right now since I haven't really put Christmas away. My goal was to be done in January. It remains to be seen if I can finish the storage room tomorrow ~ I may leak into February on Monday.

It has felt good to clean out and I have a healthy DI pile in the garage. I plan on focusing on scrapbooking in February ~ when I'm not skiing!

4 comments:

Barbara Jackson said...

You my dear, are an inspiration to me always!!

Richard B said...

I need to go downstairs to see all the decorations you have. You do have a lovely home and glad you appreciate it. We are glad you keep it up so well.

Gram said...

What a beautiful home, both downstairs as well as upstairs. You do keep them up nicely. The downstairs had a lot of use during the month of December so I'm sure it needed your touch of cleanliness and homeyness (sp).

Mary said...

You do have a beautiful home Mom. And we are thankful that you let us come stay there whenever we want!