Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mars


Monday night I was outside and it was a clear night so I enjoyed a little stargazing. It's great to see Orion back in the winter sky. Then over the mountains to the east I saw a bright red star that I didn't remember in a constellation in that area of the sky and figured it must be Mars because it wasn't twinkling. This morning I checked out my online source and I was right. I love being right! Tonight Mars will be the brightest it is in the sky for two years.

Every once in awhile there is an email that circulates stating that Mars will be brighter than the full moon in some special astronomical event. It cracks me up! That's simply impossible!

3 comments:

Richard B said...

A great post about things you admire and respect.

Gram said...

I love that you are so interested in astronomy, etc. It just hasn't held any interest for me. Maybe if I had experienced when I was younger it would have made a difference.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.