Monday, February 15, 2010

Empty Room and Disclaimer


Todd moved out last week. Since he had all his own furniture I now have an empty room. I don't really need the space for anything special. I will just make it into another guest room. No rush.

NOT!


That room is screaming to me to be furnished and decorated NOW! My Dear Husband asked what I wanted for Valentine's. He offered to get me skate skis, (which I was tempted by because I really enjoyed it, but I think I should rent a few more times before I purchase) but then Todd moved out and the empty room started screaming at me. So my Valentine's gift is that I get to decorate an empty room. Could there be anything more fun? On Saturday he even braved RCWilley with me to buy a mattress! My Dear Husband is so supportive of my interests ~ in all ways ~ emotionally, financially, financially . . .

So, my "no home decor purchases until Easter" is off. But it's my Valentine's gift, so it's okay. (I know, it still sounds like a rationalization, but I'm just going with it. Plus I'm still not buying clothes and I've been off sugar and pop for two weeks ~ minus the holiday weekend, but back off tomorrow!)

Now I'm in the process of gathering stuff, then there will be painting and when it's done I will post pictures.

P.S. We will miss Todd. He is a pleasant soul and helpful in the handyman department.

4 comments:

laura said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with, Mom. :)

Gram said...

I know it will be great. You always have such good decorating ideas and what a nice Valentine's gift from your sweet hubby to let you decorate an empty room. Nothing could be finer for you!

Richard said...

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette Cox said...

Good for you. I have a room like that but haven't gotten to it. You be my example and I'll watch and learn.