Friday, February 19, 2010

My two new callings got going this week.

We had our first Activity Day on Thursday and it was a great success. Shari did a great job with a "getting to know you game" and making a "thank you" album for the past Activity Day leader. It's going to be fun to meet with these girls twice a month.

And, it was the Stake Camp Kick-off on Thursday evening as well. It's so exciting to find out the Stake theme and color:

A Call to Courage
(Mutual Theme ~ Joshua 1:9)

and

Personal Progress PINK!

I couldn't fall asleep last night; my mind was just too full of camp ideas and plans. I finally gave up and got up and stayed up until 2:30 working on camp stuff. Then this morning when Michael went out to start his car he brought in a box tied up with a pink bow and a long pink note attached. It was from Karen, who woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep for thinking of camp. Are we silly camp girls, or what?!? She's out of town this weekend for her birthday and wanted to share her ideas with me before leaving.

We are now officially in full swing preparing for camp. And I'm grateful that our Stake doesn't let us start until four months before or I'd be even more out of control than I am! By the way, I've already purchased two pink shirts, one pink hoody, pink polka-dot rainboots and a pink scarf. I will be decked for camp.



I know, I know. But I won't wear the pink stuff til after Easter and it's for camp!

5 comments:

Barbara Jackson said...

You my friend, are adorable!!!

Richard B said...

In a few more years you can use all the pink and volunteer as a Pink Lady at the hospital. lol

jenny said...

You will be an AMAZING Camp Director, Mom. I had a wonderful day with you yesterday. You'll be lookin' pretty in pink.

Kim said...

I am so glad that your life did not depend on Lent, because you would be looong gone! HAHA
I've lost many hours of sleep over camp too!

Gram said...

That's my daughter and that post brought me quite the chuckles. As Dad said, "You're ready to be a Pink Lady".

I got a laugh out of you coming home on Sunday to change clothes into you all pink clothes to introduce the color to your girls.