Monday, February 15, 2010

Temple Cleaning and a Compliment

Today I was at the Mount Timpanogos Temple at 8 am for a volunteer cleaning assignment. Last time I did this I worked in the baptistry, This time I was on cleaning third floor, the ENTIRE third floor. Once again, it was a lot of hard work that I'm counting as a trip to the temple AND aerobic exercise.

I spent most of the time with a woman from another stake. I asked her how many children she has (three) and mentioned that my baby turned 18 yesterday. She stopped cleaning and looked at me saying: "You don't look old enough to have an 18-year-old!" I assured her that I was and that in fact, my oldest is 31. She said, "I thought you were in your thirties." Then I found out that she is younger than Laura, so I could be her mother! This was definitely the highlight of the morning. (although vacuuming the celestial room was nice, but this was the last thing I did and I was pretty tired by then)

4 comments:

Gram said...

What a great compliment! I used to have compliments like that too. Remember in Korea when we went shopping and you introduced me as your mother to one of the ladies and she said, "You don't look old enough to be her mother."

Cleaning in the Celestial Room is an honor. Although, it is still hard work whenever you clean.

Richard B said...

You are wonderful. Busy working on a holiday. Thanks for your great posts and photo's. Looking forward to the new room.

Clyda said...

I am so sorry I couldn't go. I love cleaning the temple. However, Kylee is a really sick girl.

Richard said...

It's so great, at my age, to be married to a 30-year-old.