Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12

I like February 12th.

It's Abraham Lincoln's birthday. My dear husband loves Abraham Lincoln.

It's the anniversary of my baptism in Oslo, Norway in 1966. But I've blogged about that before.

This February 12th I drove to Layton in the morning. I was thankful that the roads were dry and I really enjoyed listening to the radio. I switched between music stations and talk radio (a trick I learned from my husband, who NEVER listens to advertising on the radio). I felt grateful for the radio and really just enjoyed listening to it, a little rocking out and singing along, a little feeling smarter by listening to talk radio.

When I got to Layton I got to stay with Sophie and Ayden while Mary went to a doctor appointment. That's always fun and entertaining. When Mary got back we took the kids to lunch at McDonald's. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and a couple of other errands. I love Hobby Lobby! Mary was shopping for decorations for her nursery and I was shopping for decorations for the newly vacated room in my basement. (more on that and why I'm shopping for home decor even though it's not Easter yet ~ later) The kids also HAD to spend their Valentine money! We finally got back to Mary's and started painting the nursery at 4 pm (the REAL reason for my visit). I was reminded that I really do LIKE painting. Actually, Mary had already started the painting, so we just finished it up and got most of the decorations in place. (Mary will post pictures on her blog soon, I'm sure)

One funny thing: when we were driving around in the car every time Sophie wanted my attention she'd call out: "Nana, N-A-N-A," spelling my name. So cute!

I dropped the kids off at their cousins' house on my way home since Mary and Logan had a date planned and sped home to spend the rest of the evening with My Dear Husband. He waited for me to get home and we went out to get a bite to eat together.

So, to recap:

Driving my nice car, listening to the radio
Playing with the gkiddies
Visiting with Mary
Shopping for home decor
Painting
Dinner with Rich

It's all good!

2 comments:

laura said...

Sounds so fun.

Gram said...

What a lovely way to spend the day. Just the kind of day that you enjoy.

That Sophie is a character. How fun that she is learning to spell and that Nana is so easy.