Sunday, February 7, 2010

Two New Callings

I got released a couple of weeks ago as Relief Society Secretary. I loved serving with the sisters in the presidency and knowing all the sisters in the ward. My new callings are:


YOUNG WOMEN CAMP DIRECTOR



and

ASSISTANT ACTIVITY DAY LEADER IN PRIMARY



I am absolutely thrilled with both of them!

It's a fairly well-known fact that I LOVE all things Young Women and especially CAMP. The YW president is Karen, who was Camp Director the first year I was YW President, and then my counselor after camp, so we've just switched roles and it's so fun to be working with her in YW again.

I've never worked with the Primary girls aged 8-11 on Activity Days before, but I'm very excited to be with these sweet girls twice a month. And I get to assist Shari, my dear friend and just released RS President, so it will be fun to spend time with her again and expand our friendship in a new way. And two of the Primary girls will be joining us at camp!

I love having a church calling. It's one of the best things about being a Mormon. You get to serve and have a stewardship and get to know and love more people.

It's all good!

3 comments:

Richard B said...

Yea for Janet. It's always nice to having church callings that you enjoy and can do well. Too bad we may be leaving the Seville?!

laura said...

Yay! I am so excited for you, Mom. Those sound like perfect and fun callings for you. Camp, duh! Your favorite thing ever. And those 8-11 girls are great. Tania says that she would love that calling because girls that age (like her Emily) are still interested in what you're doing and love doing crafts and get excited about Activity Days.

Gram said...

I have to agree with you daughter. Having a church calling is a good thing! I think you will love your two new callings as you are good at that kind of thing. Camp is your true love and you'll have it organized way before needed and the younger girls will enjoy the things you teach them.