Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Month and Children Colors

In previous posts I have talked about my colors for the days and numbers and words. I thought I'd share my month colors. I struggled a bit because there are 12 months, and only six rainbow colors, so I use red, blue and yellow (the primary colors and my personal favorites) and green twice and I've added brown and pink. The summer months are connected to the blooming flowers of the month for me.

JANUARY ~ snowflakes and skiing
FEBRUARY ~ love, Valentines, Jenny's birth month & favorite color
MARCH ~ St Patrick's day
APRIL ~ Daffodils are blooming
MAY ~ Forget-me-nots are blooming, which are really periwinkle, but close to purple
JUNE ~ Geraniums, I love the bright red blooms
JULY ~ Fourth of July - red, white and BLUE
AUGUST ~ Sunflowers
SEPTEMBER~ GO back to school and Laura's birth month & favorite color
OCTOBER ~ Halloween, pumpkins, fall leaves
NOVEMBER ~ Thanksgiving and turkeys (sorry Mary, even though this is your birth month, it's just not Red, your favorite color, but next month is! and your name is Mary which is after Jesus' mother, so next month really is your month)
DECEMBER ~ Christmas Red and green

I like the symmetry of March and September being green, and January and July being blue and June and December being red, and the "A" months are yellow.

Speaking of my children, they each have a color in my mind, as well. And I have a charm bracelet with a little charm person for each of them, not in their birth month gems, but in the color they are to me.

Laura
Mary
Brian
Todd
Jenny
Michael

1 comments:

Gram said...

I am so happy I came to the blog to read this last post. It was a little confusing reading it in email.

Now it makes sense to me and I understand where you are coming from and I like it. I don't think like that, however. You are just too smart for your mother.