Saturday, September 17, 2011

Such Love


This lovely card was sent to me today by Rich's cousins in California
Neena wrote: I loved the quotation on this card and thought instantly of you

I have indeed been blessed because of my ALS. So many people have expressed their love to me. I feel so blessed to have the love and prayers of so many. I thank you with all my heart.

I married an English major. Which meant that I got to type a lot of papers, and this was before computers and backspacing! I jokingly said that since I married an English major I expected a sonnet to be wrote about me. Well, Rich has finally written me a poem. He says it's not a good poem ~ but I love it!

JPR

Always busy, you’re never still
Loving nature, hiking the hills

Gazing at the stars in the sky,
Deep faith in God, not asking why

Your sacred place is Camp Shalom
Your gift is decorating home

You have a daily Sacred Grove
The temple is your treasure trove

Best daughter—to your parents (and mine)
Never a matriarch so fine

Blessed grandmother to seven—
Daughter of God, makes home a heaven

These things remind me who you are
My friend, my love, my JPR

And since my best friend, Heather, is the female version on my husband. She confessed today when we were walking to having written a poem about me, too. She hasn't shared it with me yet, but I hope to publish it here soon.

It's all good!

8 comments:

Gram said...

A beautiful card and verse. I told Rich he described you to a "T". I hope to see Heather's soon. You have blessed many people's lives, I think the love being given to you now is just " the bread being returned" to you. Thanks for being a special daughter.

Gram said...

I also meant to tell you that I loved what you did in the bedrooms downstairs. I love all your decorating ideas & your daughters are following after you. How did I get left out of that talent? At least I can say I keep things up & fairly organized.

Karrissa Winward said...

That was so sweet, thanks for sharing!

Shari said...

The card and the poem are a perfect description of you! Well said and beautifully written to one who knows the art of living a wonderful life.

Fran Kieffer said...

Oscar Wildes words perfectly describe you. You are beautiful inside and out.

allegra said...

that was the cutest little poem ever:) so very sweet.

Richard B said...

Thank you for your great posts of events in your life. You should patent the bed making photo's.

Melissa said...

I love his poem for you! so sweet!!

It was great to see you too!