Saturday, September 24, 2011

RS Retreat at the Cabin

Last Friday night we had our ward's RS retreat at our cabin. Five of us decided that we should have a two-day retreat so we went up on Thursday. We had lunch at a Mexican place in Midway and then did a little boutique/gallery shopping on our way. It was so delightful to just take our time and enjoy ourselves with no plan. We watched "Seventeen Miracles" Thursday night. I had seen it so I was able to not sob audibly - as I did the first time I saw it. Friday night we had dinner and played games and watched movies. I saw "Soul Surfer" for the first time; it was excellent. It was great to just relax with each other and enjoy some "down" time with our sisters. It wasn't long enough! We literally could watch the fall colors changing! When we first got there there were some patches of orange, and when we left the whole hillside was bright with autumn colors!


lunch in Midway



the sisters at the cabin

beautiful fall colors!


2 comments:

Krystal said...

Looks like fun! I sure miss those sisters

-Krystal

Shari said...

It was so much fun. A chance to grow closer in a beautiful setting. Thanks so much!